Our Sport Scientist Jack Faulkner investigated how clubs are affected by players injuries.
Jack wanted to discover the effect of injuries on performance in the Premier League, as it progressed he started to focus on the financial cost to the clubs.
The focus key areas that were looked at were:
- Most Common Injuries
- Length of Injury vs Number of Injuries
- Seasonal Comparison by Club
- Seasonal Comparison by Injury
- Does More Money Equal Better Treatment?
- Wage Bill in Comparison to Performance
The information provided by Jack gives a quantitative understanding of the importance for clubs to enhance their injury prevention measures for players.
The money lost through injuries could be reinvested back into the clubs in other areas.
For all graphs a look here.
Have a question or comment about the research please contact us we would love to hear your feedback.