Privacy and Cookies Notice
Part B – Information we may collect from you
- Perform Better may collect and process information about you as set out in this Part B. We will collect personal information in order to fulfil our contract with you in the supply of goods and services including name, address, telephone number, email address and payment details.
Making a purchase from Perform Better
- If you make a purchase via the Website, email or telephone, Perform Better will collect the information we require to fulfil your order and notify you of the status of the order.
- Your personal information will only be used to process your order and to provide any follow-up information regarding this order.
- Where you make a purchase by credit/debit card via the Website or telephone we will use the purchase information you submit to process your credit/debit card transaction.
- Perform Better may obtain information from you when you enter a competition or promotion via email, the Website and/or Perform Better’s Social Media.
- Perform Better will collect information specifically for the use of marketing activities i.e. newsletter, special offers, abandonment cart emails and events. To allow us to do this you will be asked to specifically opt in to these emails and we will only send you marketing emails if you sign up to this. Business clients will automatically receive marketing emails as part of our mutual legitimate business relationship.
- Perform Better will not share your information unless it is to fulfil our contractual obligation in the provision of goods to you i.e. postal, delivery and transport organisations.
- We will not disclose your information to a third party unless we are required by law, to provide your information to HMRC or other law enforcement or government agency.
Keeping your Information Safe
- The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet, and any transmission is at your own risk. We follow strict security procedures (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) in the storage and disclosure of your personal information to try to prevent unauthorised access or loss. We store information you provide to us on secure servers, and payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology. We take appropriate measures to ensure that information disclosed to us is kept accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
- Your information cannot be accessed by those who do not work for Perform Better. Personnel understand their legal responsibility to maintain confidentiality and follow company procedures to ensure this.
- We take precautions to ensure security of the company premises, filing systems and computers.
- We use cloud computing facilities for storing some of your information. Perform Better has a rigorous agreement with our provider to ensure that we meet the obligations described in this policy and that we keep your information secure.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Perform Better uses information collected using cookies and web beacons to help us analyse, develop, manage and market our goods and services, and our communications to you.
- A ‘cookie’ is a small piece of information placed on your device’s hard drive via your web browser. ‘Session cookies’ are temporary cookies which remain on the cookie file of your browser until you leave a website. ‘Persistent cookies’ remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). The ‘help’ button on the menu bar of most web browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser tell you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies. More information about cookies is available at aboutcookies.org
- Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
- Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 2 years.
- A web beacon is a tiny transparent graphic image, often no larger than 1 pixel x 1 pixel, that is placed on a website or in an e-mail and used to collect information, often in conjunction with a cookie.
- To understand how people use our site, and to discover areas on our site with issues, we use Google Analytics. Most websites use some sort of analytics program like this. The data it collects helps us see things like how many people visit our site, which country they are from, how many pages they visited, how fast our site loaded, and so on. All data collected is completely anonymous, it does not identify you as an individual in any way.
WordPress and Social Media
- WordPress is the Content Management System (CMS) that runs this website. It uses a cookie when logging in and out and is essential for proper website operation. It is only set if you are a registered user, so for most people it is not set at all. User data is all anonymous.
- Perform Better’s Social Media may allow you to see your friend’s details and contact them. An example of this would be with Facebook. Where this is the case, this function is provided by the social media site provider and not Perform Better. Any messages you send to friends via Perform Better’s Social Media use the relevant social media’s functionality and are not sent from Perform Better.
- Sharing tools in the form of Facebook and Twitter share buttons feature on this site, these third party websites may set a cookie if you are logged in to their service. Please refer to the Facebook and Twitter cookie policies.